Until the danger of COVID-19 has passed, virtual lessons will remain an option for all students, but The Music Clubhouse is open for in-person lessons (state regulations permitting). For the beginning of this academic year, students need to choose how to receive lessons, whether in-person or virtual. Due to COVID-19 concerns, procedures for in-person lessons will be quite different for a while. Here is an outline of our plan for creating the safest possible environment for our students:
• Upon arrival, the student will text their teacher but will stay in their vehicle. The teacher will step outside when she is ready. We prefer that only the student enter the building. Our waiting room is closed until further notice.
• The student and the teacher will both wear masks and will use hand sanitizer before and after the lesson. We will have disposable masks available for anyone who needs one, but if the student already owns a mask, wearing it to the lesson will help keep our costs down.
• The student will be screened using a touchless thermometer upon arrival. If any fever is detected, the student will need to leave immediately.
• Teachers will wipe down pianos and doorknobs before and after each student’s lesson and will disinfect the restroom after each use.
• Parents need to be prompt when picking up students. For the immediate future, our waiting room will not be used except as a space to pass through to the teaching studios.
• We will observe strict starting and ending times for lessons to eliminate congestion at the front door. Teachers are scheduling time between the end of one lesson and the beginning of another in order to have one student out the door before another one enters AND to have time for sanitizing between lessons.
• If either teacher or student knows of possible exposure to illness or has any symptoms of illness, they will make it known to the other and opt for a virtual lesson that week.
• If anyone who has been in our building should test positive for COVID-19, we ask that you notify us immediately. Without disclosing names, we would then notify everyone who has been in the Music Clubhouse of possible exposure and will close immediately for 14 days. During the period of closure, virtual lessons will continue.
We are so grateful for the flexibility and patience of our students and their families as we have navigated our way through the pandemic thus far. The beautiful spirit of the Music Clubhouse family has been evident as everyone has worked together to care for the health of our community and to keep music study a priority in our student’s lives. We are excited to have the walls of the Music Clubhouse alive again with beautiful music and radiating with that familiar energy we all experience there. We are ready to welcome you back to a squeaky clean and safe Music Clubhouse whenever you are ready to join us!